Thursday, September 16, 2010

greening the balcony

We have a lovely big balcony with a fantastic view of the ocean, however since moving in here over a year ago I'm ashamed to say we haven't made much of use it.  Well, today I decided that has to change.  Mainly because it's really the size of another room and you are getting bored of the rooms available to you.  You get grumpy everytime I sit you down in the lounge area.  You look longingly outside at the birds in the sky and the green grass across the road in the park.  But since we can't spend all day every day at the park, I thought I'd bring a little park to you.  So off we went to Bunnings to 'green' the balcony.  A few pot plants, some green turf and other bits and bobs later, I think the balcony is much more Maya-friendly.  You seemed to think so to as you sat outside and played with your blocks whilst I hauled the BBQ around.

Here are the before and after pics:

The before pic - empty pots, dead shrubs, dirty dusty tiles and a balcony edge that  makes me nervous (top floor of a tall building with a concrete driveway below)


Some greenery that I hope survives the summer.  Must remember to water often!


Playpen to ensure you can't get close to the edge of the balcony and throw your toys off (it's a looooooong way down!)

No comments:

Post a Comment