Monday, November 15, 2010

scarlet fever

Yesterday morning I knew something was up when even a visit to the playground and a paddle at the beach did not lift your spirits.  You were oh so very quiet (extremely unusual for you!) and sleepy.  After returning from the beach I noticed a rash of little red spots covering your body from head to toe.  A teary phone call to the local hospital and a visit to the GP revealed scarlet fever and tonsillitis.  Since then you have been up and down (usually up after a dose of medicine).  We had a nice night together, just you and I, although you were quite demanding as your bedtime neared.  It's heartbreaking watching your child suffer and makes me appreciate you so much, even facing another broken nights sleep - I wouldn't change it for the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment