Saturday, June 11, 2011

my adorable little bear

A month back home, and much to my relief back in the swing of sleep.  Specifically sleeping independently.  All night long.  Hurray!  As much as I L.O.V.E.D travelling with you and showing you the world, the thrice nightly waking was extremely trying.  Back in the comfort and familiarity of your cot, room, and routine, you are back to dragging us by the hand to your sleeping bag if we lose track of time.  Thank you, thank you, thank you.  Sleep is the elixir of a sane life.

Another 'news item' of the week is trying to lose the dummy.  Thinking the best approach of this would be to cut it at Vieve's first I gave instructions to leave it in your backpack this week instead of issuing it at sleep time.  The result? Yes, fine - you can go to sleep without any trouble sans dummy.  The offshoot - Vieve has caught you sneakily rummaging through your backpack and having a few dire sucks on the dum before replacing it carefully, much like a smoke trying to quit!  This has provided many laughs for Vieve, myself, and everyone I've told this week.

You are a funny little monkey and I love you dearly.  Sweet dreams lovely.  xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment